About Espen Fadnes
He competed in alpine racing until he was 19 years old, and the whole time also climbed mountains to find untracked skiing lines. After the alpine racing career he needed to fill the vacuum and started skydiving. It was there he at the age of 21 was introduced to base jumping, a sport that changed his life. It became a playground for his desires to explore his capabilities. During the early 2000s he became part of an adventurous group called the VKB in Norway. They developed new equipment for base jumping and wingsuit flying. In 2007 they introduced proximity flying to the world through the ski movie Seven Sunny Days, and it became the start for an up growing professionalism in parts of the base jumping community.
At the same time Espen went into freeride skiing and extreme skiing contests. He did well with his background from alpine racing, and the combined success in freeride skiing and base jumping made him decide to go professional in 2008. A bad injury the same spring on a ski movie shoot gave a three years set back in his plans. He came back, won the overall title in wing suit flying and people still believed he could have a value in skiing.
Today he is skiing the WTQ freeride skiing tour, World Wingsuit League and travelling the world chasing adrenalin filled projects.
- The Perfect Flight series for EpivTV and VGTV
- Finalising of the Goovinn Docs three year project
- Winner of World Wingsuit Race
- Segment in Warrenmiller skimovie Ticket to Ride
- Overall winner The World Tour in wingsuit flying
- Split of a Second, with Goovinn
- 2nd in World Wingsuit League
- Sense of Flying, with Goovinn
- Won both World Base Race and Pro Base Race
- Emmy nominated in the category with Matchstick Productions (MSP)
- 2nd in World Tour Qualifier in freeride skiing in Montafon, Austria
- Peoples prize at Outdoor Games, Chamonix
- Segment in Seven Sunny Days, MSP
- Podium places in 5 European freeride contests
- Wingsuit pilot since 2001. 2000 wingsuit flights
- Huge experience from mountains, airplanes, helicopters, trikes, ultralights with single and double container
- Speedriding since 2009
- Freeride skiing. Was born into the discipline from childhood
- Motivational speeches. Do speeches on filming in extreme sports, risk management and preparations
The variety of tough stories and hard learned lessons can be transferred to many aspects of challenges on an individual as well as organizational level.
I have provided presentations and motivational speaking to organisations of all sizes. Typical subjects include:
- Risk management in the most extreme sport: Basejumping
- Preparation. How to make yourself able to jump off a mountain with only a canopy
- Conquering fear and learning to use the fear in life
- Performer and presenter. The use of GoPro cameras in risky environment
- The history of base jumping
Please use the following email to make contact with me: email@example.com, or telephone +4799277259 and I will reply as soon as possible.